The camp will be open for the youth three weeks during Spring Break season, every week between Memorial Day and Labor Day, one week for Thanksgiving and one week for Christmas (a total of 20 weeks per year).
- Each week of operation, 10 to 20 children will be welcomed to Camp New Joy for a one week experience that will include an opening ceremony and graduation.
- There will be one trained counselor for every five children and one volunteer nurse or doctor on call at all times.
- No one will be charged to attend Camp New Joy.
- Transportation, lodging, meals and activities will be covered by grants and sponsors.
- Drop offs will be on Sunday afternoons and pick ups will be on Sunday morning.